There are many times in my life when I am too caught up in the tangible and so unaware of the "other" reality. The invisible. Spiritual forces at work. GOD. The last several weeks the opposite has been true. I can sense that the hand of the Lord, His mercy and favor has permeated every area of my reality. I can't descibe it. Words aren't quite enough to explain His enveloping presence, invisble, yet REAL, in every detail. No, things aren't perfect, in fact some things are down right hard. Its not about a rose colored lense. Its about consuming consciencness of the Lord's presence. I am so thankful to Him.
Its all been quite a whirlwind. Mom was released to come home on Tues. June 28. I spent most of that day at the airport trying to get my hands on a ticket. It turns out that Portland must be a popular summer destination. There literally were no seats left to be had at a reasonable price on any airline to Portland. Anywhere else you'de like to go in the world, no problem. Portland, "I'm sorry, we are booked solid". But the Lord most certainly knew I longed to go and backed my longing. I did finally get a seat I could afford! On both flights going I had DJ on my lap and there was not one single unoccupied seat in the entire plane. It was interesting, to say the least. And got a little bit hairy when she started her piercing scream. I was so thankful to be sitting next to gracious, kind people, and will never again so judge that other person with the screaming child on my flight. Sometimes there really truly is just nothing a body can do about it.
My week with Mom was a gift from God. One that I will forever treasure in my memory. It was a blessing for everyone involved.
Mom is "past the worst" yet still with a very long road ahead. A tough spot to occupy in this "hurry up" world that we live in. She continues to deal with extreme exhaustion, dizziness and nausia at times. There is little she can do to hurry this recovery as much as she would love to. So we mostly spent the week, trying to help make the waiting a little more enjoyable and less tedious. A worthy task, and also some much needed rest for my own soul. Ahhhhhhh.
I cannot mention Mom's recovery without expressing gratitude for one very special person. Bob. Bob, I want to publically thank and honor you for sticking by Mom's side and offering her the care she needs night and day. I am so thankful that God brought you into her/our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment