Sunday, October 11, 2009

Beauty School

A couple weeks ago we were having a calm saturday evening at home as a family when suddenly I realized things were a little too quiet. A hurried peek into the bathroom found my daughter proudly working on her new hairstyle...with a pair of scissors in hand. The bangs were gone and in not to many more minutes the braids would have been next in line! Of course being the orderly little girl that she is the handfuls of hair were thrown neatly in the garbage one by one as they came off of her head. She was so proud of herself and her great accoplishment that I couldn't be too upset, but we did have a serious little chat later on about how, where and who will use scissors on her hair in the future. : )
So this week we finally made time to go get a fix cut. Really her new "look" does a pretty good job of covering up the damage as well as being a whole lot easier to comb the tangles out of, so we are all happy with the outcome!

2 comments:

Valonda L. said...

Dominic,
I LOVE your new haircut! You look so cute! Makes me want to give you a big hug! Maybe your mommy can give you one for me...I love you.
Auntie Val

Christy said...

I remember wanting to do that a few times...including today on the way home from school. I need to cut my bangs. But I can't do that with my left hand. =)