Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No Energy to be Creative

I am just too tired and dizzy to do a good job at creative writing right now...but I am woefully aware of just how neglegted my little corner of the cyberworld is...so here I am, catching up real quick before I have a baby and inevitably fall way behind again! : ) By the way, if you are a reader who faithfully checks in on me despite my neglect, thank you for sticking with me!

SO,...the breaking news in my life of late...

  • Mic had one great evening of reintroduction to her expansor plaque...and then it broke. This is becasue I let her use it without denture paste, which made her much more open to it, but does no good because it doesn't stay where it goes. Last friday we were finally able to get it fixed and she has had it in for only one hour since and now refuses to open her mouth again. The problem is the denture paste/the form of the plaque itself. Even with the paste it doesn't stay put which is a big problem, and Mic is not handling the paste in her mouth, which is also a problem...but I don't blame her. I put some on my palate to see what if feels like and the texture is AWEFUL. ...I am feeling very cornered and frusterated with this situation, I am at a loss for satisfactory resolutions. You know its not getting anywhere when she even won't use the plaque with denture paste on it in exchange for chocolate---she LOVES chocolate.
  • Another great first in her life, Mic started swimming lessons last week! New things often take time and trasition for her before she can begin to enjoy them. So I was very pleasantly surprised when on the first day and from the very begining there was no protesting, no tears, and just a HUGE ear to ear grin on her face for the entire hour long lesson. She LOVES it, and is doing great!
  • To be fair I should talk about my son as well. Lets see...He is steriotypically TWO. Do I need to say more? ...one cute thing lately is that he has discovered the fun of wrestling with daddy. He climbs up on his dad and "attacks" him with all his might, grunting with effort. The noises, faces and laughter that follow are just too great!
  • Me? Well I'm 37 1/2 weeks along and counting. According to yesterday's ultrasound baby has indeed assumed the head down position. Days are uncomfortable and nights are worse. I am ready to get on with this and meet our precious cargo! I still sustain that as far as pregnancies go I really can't complain too much, based on what others tell me of their experience. However, this has definatly been the most uncomfortable of the three for me, and as it so often seems to go with me, my issues seem to be all backwards. Most women have to look out for high blood pressure, too much weight gain and high glucose during pregnancy. I have worked extra hard to gain weight, have had round after round with low blood pressure (thus, dizzy, dizzy, dizzy me) and my blood sugar has been checking in on the low side, despite my best efforts to eat healthy. I am thankful that none of this is serious and all is apparently well, but I am also very ready to feel more "myself" again! (yes, yes, I know that may take a little while yet)

Today I cooked a pumpkin and my ambitous afternoon plans include trying some new pumpkin recipes and maybe finally trying to make some pear jam. ...I make no promises, what I really feel like doing is laying down with D for a nap! : )

No comments: