I usually process things best by saying them. If I talk long enough eventually I figure out what I really wanted to say. Difficult for the listener, but good for me!
So...there is something that has been spining around in my brain. Its about my eldest daughter and the miracles God has allowed us to see in her life. I love to share testimony of what has happened in her life and how the Lord has healed her in so many ways. But sometimes, I think that in the sharing I don't actually always say exactly what I mean. A classic example is when without missing a beat I end the story by saying, "God has been so good to us".
HE HAS! ...BUT...
What about the dear children who weren't "healed", as we understand healing to be? These precious angles in our world with labels like CP, Downs, Autisim or an endless line of other such diagnosis. And what about the dear little ones that instead of staying here on earth with us, ran into Jesus waiting arms?
I guess what I am saying is that, on that day so long ago, when the doctor said, "be ready for the worst, there's a good chance she won't survive birth". We cried, we hurt and we truly placed her in Jesus hands. And I am so, so, SO thankful that He allowed her to live, that he saw fit to loan her to us for a longer time. That He healed her brain and cromosomes.
But even if He hadn't. Even if He had given her life a different course. God IS GOOD. Not only for what He does and doesn't do, but first and foremost, for WHO HE IS. His goodness, mercy, grace and all other attributes do not hinge on the the blessings I do or do not recieve or percieve in my life. He is Creator, Sustainer, Saviour, All-Powerful Lord. He is GOOD.
1 comment:
hi birdie, long time not talkee. ;-] what your write here is so true, and has new meaning for me as we walked through the difficulties and disappointments of the last six months, when ALL we knew was that God was good; that's really all we were sure of.
we try to think and say that we know so much about God and why He does what He does, how He works, and that we hear what He says...but I am convinced that He is such a mystery...a wonderful, loving, and good mystery. My quest (and i'm sure this is yours too) will still be to know Him and grow in understanding of Him, and learning to hear from Him, but I'm so comfortable saying "we don't necessarily know what He is doing." i guess that's what makes Him sovereign.
I'm glad we can trust His goodness and love, which, though mysterious, are constant.
love ya,
sandy
Post a Comment