Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Birthday Reviews

I am quite aware that I didn't get around to blogging after any of my kid's birthdays last year. Busy, busy, busy! So as we usher in 2011 and I also just happen to have a free evening for resizing and uploading pictures, I thought it would be fun to do one mega birthday upload. (P.S. If you don't like pictures, maybe you should just skip this post...there's lots!) ;o)

We all have our birthdays in the second half of the year, and of the children, my little man is first. We threw him a "real" party for the first time and I did a doggie theme.
"Friends!"
The black nose and freckles were optional, but the dog ears were not!
A special gift from Grandma and Grandpa Westover
Toy Story 3 was well represented in the gifts, to my son's great delight!
He refused to take that t-shirt off for the next three days and nights.
The cake.
LLLLLLLove the look on his face!
More Woody!!! Hooray!
My little joy turned one!
I see no sense in a big party for "1", but of course, had to at least make a cake.
...She liked it!
I found this big ball and couldn't resist getting it for her,...
... its about as big as she is.
She liked it, but wasn't quite sure what to do with it!
Mic had three medical appiontments at the hospital on the day of her birthday. Its just how things happened to land this year. Despite how unbirthday-like that sounds, there were a couple very special things about that day. One was the fact that she ate five and a half chicken nuggets doused in kethcup after her appiontments were over!!! ...I have this vivid memory of us in a fast food restaurant shortly after her feeding therapy and confidently buying a small order of nuggets for her. It was a particualarly bad day for several reasons and in the end I ate every last nugget myself and felt like crying a bucket of tears over it. This contrasting memory made every single effortless bite of those 5 and a half nugguts full of meaning, joy and hope.
A few more special things about the day: 1) Time on the hospital playground structure, without a doubt, one of my daughter's favorite places on earth.
2) A new DVD she was particularly keen on having for her birthday.
and 3) The best for last. A MIRACLE! A hole in her ear left by her ear tube was declared completly closed! About a year ago the doctor told us that if it hadn't closed by then it wouldn't close on its own and would require surgery down the road. All glory to God our healer!
Some days later we did have a little get-to-gether at the park for Mic with some of her friends,
It was my first attempt at a decorative Jello. I was traumatized because it didn't look nearly as nice as the example picture online. But without that point of comparison, it really wasn't so bad. And Mic loved her stars, which is really the part that matters anyhow.
The whole group
and one happy little girl!

...Thank you, dear Lord, for allowing my children another year of life. I am aware that every day with them is a gift from You and I try not to take that for granted. May they have many more years to come, full of life, love and growth in You. Amen.

1 comment:

Christy said...

well, I don't know what the jello was supposed to look like but I think it looks totally cool.