Now I have a little school girl of my own. She keeps life interesting, challenges me to no end, and makes me chuckle often. ...and apparently no one has yet told her that she ought to just like pink and purple! And maybe they never will, which would be fine with me. Her favorite color when painting or coloring is black. ...sometimes dark blue, purple or brown, perhaps a little bit of pink, but especially and above all...black. Sometimes respecting her choice is a bit of a stretch for me...can't we add some COLOR to that!? However, I try not to interfere in her art.
She has been begging me for three days to paint eggs, so this morning I blew the breakfast eggs and saved the shells for painting. Ever looking for a way to combine school and play I announced that we were going to paint winter eggs. We talked a lot about the kinds of things and colors that remind us of winter. I told them to paint their eggs with colors that reminded them of winter and then I let them have at it. I knew better than to interfer any further with their color choices.
And here's what we got!
A paper full of black splotches...
No comments:
Post a Comment