I won't deny it. I have been puposly avoiding this topic. ...I can't explain it to myself, let alone anyone else. It just is not coming naturally to put it down in black and white. So allow me to go back and resume the last year and a half or so in a short paragraph.
Mom has suffered chronic bladder infecction for...a very, very long time...I don't remember how long, so I won't lie and make up a number, but its been way to long. This finally led to testing, which led to more speculation and testing,...and probably even more testing because it felt like that part took half of forever. We prayed fervently for healing while doctors tossed around posabilities like Multiple Myeloma...the cancer that took Dad. Finally a diagnosis was made. Doctors declared a very serious disease called Amyloidosis. If you have no idea what that is and would like to know you can read about it here. Another wait while specialists communicated, referals were made, insurance approved, etc, etc, etc. And that brings us up to date.
The treatment chosen will be a stem cell transplant. Mom has successfully undergone the harvesting of stem cells from her own body. And is doing her best to be as healthy and strong as possible so that the risks are lower when she is admited to the hospital on March 30. That day will be the start of an indefinate hospital stay during which she will undergo high dose chemo and then the transplant.
Please join the many lifting her and all of us up in prayer. We are asking God for healing, sucess of the treatment, protection from infecctions during this very delicate time (an infecction could potentially take her life), and that the side effects be minimal. We are also asking God for strength and peace for the whole family, this has not been easy on anyone.
I am not making any big promises as far as updates, but I think that my sister is going to open a caringbridge page with more frequent updates, so I will post that link when I get it. Thanks for joining with us in intersession.
1 comment:
Thanks for updating. I had just wondered yesterday where your Mom was in the process. I had seen on FB that the harvest was successful. Will be praying for her and you, my friend.
Post a Comment