Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shameless Bragging

Well, OK, I don't really want to brag. ...but I am afraid its going to sound like it. However, I decided to take the risk and post anyway. ; )
This is a picture of my son's favorite lunch. His peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. He would happily eat them for every meal if I would allow it.
I have a vague memory of hearing someone say something one time, about making all the ingredients for their PB&J Sandwich...or wishing I could. I can't quite remember just how it was, but what I clearly remember was coming to the conclusion that there are just some things out of my reach and that is one of them. End. Of. Subject.
...or so I thought. And all this time later...it turns out not!!!!!
Yep, its true all three ingredients are 100% homemade right here in my own little kitchen. And I won't lie. I feel quite proud of myself, I do. For it has happened little by little with a lot of work and sacrifice and the result has been very rewarding. ...Ironically, what is probably easiest for many people, the Strawberry Jam, was the biggest stretch for me. ...But I finally figured out how to make it work (I can't get me hands on Pectin here) and I wrote it down so I won't forget!

5 comments:

carla said...

You should be proud! The bread looks great.

John and Melissa said...

Nice job! Did you use your vitamix for the peanut butter?

Unknown said...

looks delish!

Unknown said...

oh, and that's Valonda, not Matt! I'm just to lazy to log out and log back in as me :)

TJ & Cheryl said...

I showed this to TJ and he said, "we need to do that too!" So cool!