Friday, May 25, 2012

Gentleness

"Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience."  
Col. 3:12 NLT

I saw this art idea in a picture on a neat little FB group called Learning Without Borders.  I loved that this was an art project teaching gentleness, and that we can just dump it back out in the yard when we are done with it instead of filling a land fill with our scraps.
And trying to do this with the children I wasn't sure whether I ought to laugh or cry.  I heard myself..., "DJ! Careful! Your going to spill the whole thing".  My tone of voice was anything but, "gentle". ...I think we will have to repeat this exercise every so often, and maybe, eventually we will ALL learn something.  ; )

So Pretty!
And below are the bonus pictures.  The Angry Birds craze has reached our home, I fight it.  I really hate video games.  And then we came up with a way to embrace it. I love crafts and creating together and I love games that create interaction.  So I checked some online tutorials for sling shots and went to the craft store for some puff balls.  My kids have no idea sling shots use rocks... ...and lets keep it that way OK? 
Proud of his new sling shot
"The Birds"
The whole set
 You can't tell what she drew a picture of!?
Why those are angry birds, of course!

No comments: