| Jicama sticks with refried beans sandwiched in the middle, HER idea, and nothing short of a miracle. Silly girl! |
- Mic has been feeding tube supplemented since birth.
- Her g-tube was surgically placed when she was 14 days old.
- At three months of age she reached a whoping total of 70% oral feeding for the (short) time that she had a metal device in her mouth. The device was used to prepare her for lip surgery, she used it to push the nipple off of since it ran right accross where her palate should have been. At surgery the device was removed and her oral sucess plummeted.
- She was (to our great dismay) 100% tube dependant before she even reached her first birthday. Those were tramatic times with catastrophic structural change going on in her mouth.
- October 2008 we had the TREMENDOUS blessing and help from Lorioux at the Toft House. We spent two weeks there in intense feeding therapy. Mic came out aprox. 1/4 oral and still 3/4 Blenderized Diet. Progress, Yes! Though not exactly the numbers we were dreaming of. But we came out armed with knowledge, empowerd with better understanding, and as Lorioux said, "a therapy that goes home with you".
Here we are. 2012! And I finally have some thing to say. Something so big and so huge that I can't quite wrap my head around it. I can't even put a feeling to it. Its bigger than feelings. On May 18, 2012, we started a new calorie cut trial with Mic. And with its sucess her reality has been inverted. (Drumroll). Mic is now 3/4 ORAL and 1/4 Blenderized Diet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, its O.K. for you to jump up and down and whoop and hollar, go ahead celebrate with us, this is HUGE! At 75% oral, this is her greatest oral success since birth. I am so proud of you, baby girl.
1 comment:
Yeah!!!! Wooohooo!!!! That is amazing!!! I'd give each and every one of you a huge hug if I could!
Post a Comment