Sometimes I stop and remember...things about Mic's development...and how her little brother compares. Sometimes I stand still and just watch him doing what he does without thought or effort. It is beautiful. And sometimes...it hurts just a little...in a very odd sort of way.
Recently I noticed him crawl over a bump in the floor between the living room and and bathroom. He wanted to get to me and could care less that he had to go over a little step to do it. And I was transported back to the physical therapy days at Salem Rehab. The hours and agony. Wondering if she would ever be able to crawl over an obstical...any obstical, no matter how small. And guess what! She did...eventually...in her own time.
I watch him shoving food in his mouth so mindlessly, effortlessly. I worry he isn't eating enough even though I know that he is. And he doesnt think twice about chewing or swallowing. And I am dying to see her do the same thing.
And I have faith. I really do. I know it will happen...someday...
And I love each of them individually for who they are......but even so, sometimes it hurts...just a little.
1 comment:
Ah, that little hurt is an insight into God's heart, you know? He created each of us to be something special, each with special gifts and abilities and preferences and outlooks. But because of sin, each of us is "broken" in a unique way. And, knowing how we were each "created" to be, I'm sure it hurts God's heart "just a little" when we have to work hard at things we were designed to do easily, without thought.
Yes, I share your faith that Mic WILL get there. God's transforming and healing power are in effect in her life. I also look for the day when we will all be fully restored to what we were designed to be.
Post a Comment