...when you can spend roughly 70 cents on a public transportation ride. Fly down narrow streets, stop on a dime seconds away from plowing the vehicle ahead, catch air on speed bumps, and barely maintain your fanny on the the seat... Thus was our ride home from the park yesterday in the back of the VW van turned public transportation. What made it fun was that though the ride was a bit crazy our driver wasn't being down right stupid, and everyone else crammed in with us seemed to be in as good as a mood as we were, so instead of the classic swearing and confrontation that often comes with such incidents, there was much good natured laughter as we all tried to keep ourselves and each other from falling off the benches into a heap.
On other matters, today we had another outpatient appointment. Hmmmmm, how can I sum this up simply and quickly...basically we have all the same unanswered questions and no new answers. You know, I get by day by day just taking it one day at a time, trying to let the future--Mic's future, take care of itself. And most of the time that's OK, its the way it is, it is what it is, and really it is how the Lord would recommend that we live. (as opposed to being caught up and destroyed by worry) But when, like today, I sit down and hash it over for an hour with the doctor the reality's and unknowns are pretty hard to ignore and I become thus unsettled. Her growth and lack thereof, oral feeding and lack thereof, inefficient swallow, general development...these are "small" issues when compared to the fact that there are many small children laying on the beds in that hospital losing their battle for life. But none-the-less these are the unknowns that try to consume me...especially on a day like today.
The good...its almost bedtime! Soon we can go to sleep and tomorrow we can get back to "normal".
2 comments:
I hear you. I go through the same thing regarding my son's vision. He is a bright boy, but ambliopic; and although since he has gotten good glasses, we have seen immense improvement, the doctor always pushes us in terms of "it could be so much better". Of course, we don't hve the funds for the really good glasses, contacts or vision therapy that he "needs" and though we have been asking God for this for 2 years, the funding has not appeared.
We are happy with our son as he is. He is growing and learning and we don't really notice any deficits, other than clumsiness and he can't ride a bike...maybe never will...maybe won't drive a car? We are content with his progress and his development--until we have an eye exam and the doctor "suggests" things.
But the bottom line is, you just have to listen with an open mind, pray, and then wait for God's provision. And I think contentment isn't laziness or lack of concern; but rather the evidence of trusting God--at least in our cases.
HI Bernida,
Yes I remember those crazy rides. Hey I have a question for you. Recently our whole blog has disappeared. I can't get on it. Any ideas about who I would contact?
Janice
Post a Comment