Monday, February 16, 2009

More Ramblings

My days just seem to run together lately...good grief! Has it really been over a week since I last posted anything? Well...I have all these great pictures...but they are still in the camera and so I can't post them and I have been nothing but busy, busy, busy with all that life entails. Its unbelievable how time slips right on by.
Last week we had another excursion to the hospital. We left home at 6am and got back at 5pm. Eleven hours! We saw the speech specialist who was pleased with Mic's general progress and gave helpful, practical tips for how to keep on working. I love appointments that go like that! And after a tooth and nail fight we finally got into the Endocrinologist (sp??? is that right in Eng.?) By the time I knew for sure that they would see us that day and that I hadn't wasted the whole day there in vain I was already tired. Then came a weigh and measure routine that was out of the ordinary and Mic came unglued. By the time we actually got to the doctor I was down right exhausted. This was an evaluation, so all we know for the moment is that she is tiny...oh wait, we already knew that! And that we will have massive blood work done before the next visit and then maybe we will know something new. And while I am dreading Mic's blood draw HORRIBLY I am still SO GLAD its blood and not urine that they want, but...I'll have to tell THAT story another day! : )
Mon. Feb. 9 we ended the second 15 day feeding therapy stint with Mic. I know I haven't really said much about it. ...I am having rough time getting my emotions processed lately in all that entails my baby girl's oral feeding. So...its easier to just try not to go there. ...except, ummmm, I have to deal with it all the time every single day, so there is no escape. Anyway, as soon as I can figure out how to use the graph maker (help Lorioux!!!) I will post her therapy graph for those who are interested in numbers. And we're fine,...really we are. There are some rescueable things happening, even good things. I just need to "deal" with this again and I'm struggling a bit. But even in my despair and struggle I have enough sense to know that "all things (really do) work for the good of those who love Him" and that He'll pull off something great in us just as soon as I can see straight again.
So in the mean time I need to run. We've got a killer week ahead with all kinds of fun and not enough minutes in each day. Tomorrow we see the ENT, and sometime this week my BIL will be swinging through to spend a day or two with us, and we somehow need to get another extra bed in here before that happens, and I need to blend up more BD, and, and, and........ ; )

COMING SOON:
The photo that I wanted to post BEFORE Feb. 14 of the valentine I got from GOD!!!!!!!

No comments: