Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happiness is...

...a load of fresh, clean diapers hung up neatly on the line to dry!!!
O.K., of course that is not my complete and exhaustive definition of happiness! It is just one little drop in the bucket. But, I do love the feeling of satisfaction that sight brings to me, all mingled together with the sweet smell of clean and the freshness of my back patio and the beauty of my huge potted fern that resides there... ahhhhhhh!

And speaking of "ahhhhhhhh"
I decided it was high time to make some strawberry jam before the season is past and they get expensive again... (Yes, I know its an odd time for berries, I have no idea why, but they are super cheap here from about the middle of December to between the middle and end of March. I have no idea if they are local, and my plant never gave me a single berry, any time of year, so I am none the wiser!)
They are one of my favorite fruits and this was an exceptionally beautiful batch of berries!

I'd never actually made this exact recipe before, but how hard can it be!?
O.K. so I messed up a bit with the thickener and it turned out all runny, but its still good.
Later on a did another batch and it turned out even better--nice and thick! I think I'll leave it at that for this year, but now I can't wait for next year to get here so I can continue to improve on my little production!!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

way to go! Jam isn't easy! I hope our strawberries look this good this summer.

WLJZA said...

I love the picture of the diapers hanging outside to dry, I'm looking forward to when it will be warm enough here to do that.

pfnisterfam said...

Yum...love strawberries and homemade jam! I can't wait till this summer when their in season again for us! The kids are so cute and growing up so fast.