Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Life is Precious

I am a part of an online support group for moms who feed their children real food through the g-tube.
...its odd...how close I have become with this group of women. We have never meet one another in person. We are spread out literally all over the world. But we have a common battle to fight, and it seems that is all it takes for us to develop a deep "virtual" but very real friendship. We share humor, joys, despairs, fights and victories with the doctors, medical supplies...in fact, my blender was a gift from a member of the group.
Yesterday a sweet sweet little girl, whose mommy is a part of this circle of friends, quite suddenly and unexpectedly, went home to Jesus.
I am so sad.
Of course I know that sweet little Jordan is whole now, she has no more limitations. ...But it still hurts.
And most of all, I am reminded once again of just how precious life is. Its, Oh, so easy to take it for granted. To count on tomorrow. To forget that we have no promise of the future. To put off our children in order to attend to the temporal and urgent again and again. ...So my little soap box directed to myself and the rest of the world for today is this, "Take time for those that you love! The moments we are living right now are what count!"

No comments: