Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Grand Ol' Time

These two were a hoot together!
They especially liked to ag each other on at the table,
Can't you just about hear that belly laugh!? It was great.
Cousin Hannah helping give the ride on an evening walk

Blowing dandy lion puffs


We barely squeaked a visit in with Uncle Titus before he left for Romania,
Mic was very happy to see him!
Auntie Val did the honors of the pre-wedding hair cut...
Bribing him with a blueberry...
It tickles!!!
Finishing touches...
Whew! We're done. Good job, Auntie!
Playing dress up
My kids tried out water colors for their first time
Their cousins helped them learn.

Another favorite activity was a couple evenings that we spent at the park
It always easier to be brave, when a cousin is doing it too!
Whee, what fun!

Of course there is more, but I figured that's probably more than enough for now! I might do one more picture post of our trip later before I move back to real life again here on my blog. We got home on Friday evening safe and sound. We're working hard at unpacking, resettling, refilling the fridge, restarting hubby's business, and all that good stuff. We have some pretty intense visa paper work coming up for me and now that I have the materials I need to get organized enough to officially start kindergarten sometime this month for Mic. So, never a dull moment is to be had!

I would close by asking for a few extra prayers for Mic as she adjusts to being home again. There's been a lot of excitement and change in our lives over the last five weeks and she is definitely the family member having the hardest time with all that. She has a delicate digestive system and all the emotional upheaval seems to go straight to her gut. I am confident in the Lord to pull her through, but in the meantime it means dealing with the guessing game of feeding cuts, working on maintaining nutrition and fluids while trying to avoid and the extra vomiting. Its just not very fun to see her down, nor is it fun trying to decide whether or not to put another ounce in her tummy just to see it all come flying back up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! You managed to capture those fun cousin times perfectly. Love you, and miss you already.