Due to an "ill" computer I am behind and have all kinds of pics to share. I thought a fun place to start catching up would be my daughter's fifth birthday party. We waited to celebrate until Grandma and Grandpa could be here to join in on the fun. It was worth the wait! They also helped significantly in making my ideas for the party become reality. (Thank you, Mom and Bob!). I'm still not a fan of big parties, but we did upsize a little on the last celebration around here and had an inflatable for the day for the kids to play in. It was a big hit and made it possible for us big people to actually enjoy some uninterupted adult conversation as well, definatly a win-win situation for all involved! : )
I could hardly get them all to hold still for a picture,
this was a split second and that was the only chance I got! : )

There was plenty of "baby gazing" happening on the sidelines...

...and a rousing round of chinese checkers for the "big kids"

The five year old princess, herself!

Good eats and good times!

The cake put us through all kinds of misery in its making,
but in the end I thought we rescued it quite nicely!

Blowing out the candle.
I need to pause for a story! The tradition in MX is that after the candles are blown out the birthday person take a bite directly from the cake, this position leaves them exposed and more often than not someone gives their head a little shove from behind and they end up with a face full of frosting. Every year (except last yr. becasue she was ill) I make a cake for Mic and every year she has refused to taste it in any way, shape or form. So imagine my delight and surprise when after she blew out her candle everyone told her to take her bite...and she did!!! Of course right at that moment we weren't ready and missed it with the camera. But she went on to eat the entire little piece that I served her in a plate too. ...made my heart warm, it did! : )

And the best part for last...a prayer of thanks and
blessing for this precious little girl's life!
1 comment:
How wonderful! How great that Bob got to come down too!
Post a Comment