Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mic Unplugged!

...the last couple of weeks through one circumstance or another I have become aware of various people around me in diverse difficulties. Most of these trials happen to be a direct result of poor personal decisions and/or lack of family structure and support. My heart aches for these people.
However what keeps coming back to me over and over again is an overwhelming and profound sense of gratitude and humility. I am so blessed to have the heritage and family that I have. I would not be who I am today without them. There is no way I can express this new and deeper sense of appreciation and thankfulness for God's unending mercy in my life, for Grandma, who prayed for me every day, for parents who interceded for me many times, for Mom and Bob, who display continued support in so many ways, and for the friendship I enjoy with my sibblings. I am just so blessed and my heart needed to try and express that in words.
To end on a completely different note, I pasted some pictures below. All the children here (except homeschoolers :-p) wear uniforms to school. Someone gave us this hand me down uniform with nice heavy material and tons of wear left in in it. My husband decided to take some "school pictures" of Mic, and Oh! did she ham it up. I decided that there was no way to get the full effect just pasting one or two, so here is the whole series for your viewing pleasure.









And, in case its not obvious, here she is holding onto her "kickboard" while "swimming" : )

2 comments:

Jim said...

Love the pictures, she is just like my 5 (soon to be six? how did that happen) year old. Congrats on your progress.

Janna said...

So great!