A couple sundays ago while we were getting ready for church Mic was watching her Cedermont Kids video.....and.....(drumroll) "sang" along on Jesus Loves Me!!! There is something about coordinating tones and words or actions and words that she just hasn't been able to work out yet, but she was hitting at least three or four words of the song right on time along with the viedeo! ....yes, I cried...
She also struggles with stringing understandable words together unless its on a "repeat after me" basis. However, there was a morning last week that I had to go into her room before she was up and accidently bumped the light switch. She rolled over in bed a little bit anoyed by the light and asked, "wha mommy doing?" And that is officially her first independant three word sentence ever!
And finally, the photo below...
She has hated binkys ever since her first surgery in her mouth around 3 mo. of age. But yesterday she asked me for her speech toys box, pulled this out and started sucking on it, pretending she was a "baby". ST told me to include it in her box becasue the sucking motion will help with.....I can't remember what, but something to do with speech development. I said, "well, she hates them, but I will throw it in there just for kicks". And lo and behold! Mic had a blast playing, and I got to check speech therapy off my list for the day. Hooray!!!And while we are bragging, little Mcqueen has me floored as well. Within the last two weeks he has added, Uh-oh, "mo" (more), and No to his repertoire. We have been dealing with big sis' speech delay for so long that this feels to me, like a one yr. old doing rocket science. Yep, I'm feelin' pretty proud!
P.S. If you are confused by my son's nickname you need to watch "Cars". A funny side note, we planned that both their names start with "D" but that both their nicknames starts with "M" is a total coincedence.
2 comments:
That's wonderful! Expecting miracles....
And, yes, you hit the nail on the head with the lip....whining.
great!!!!!!!!!!! I cry over that stuff too.
Post a Comment