Changing subjects, a bit on potty training. I am not dealing well with cleaning up numerous BMs in everywhere BMs should NOT be. Laugh all you want, parents of teenagers, but by the end of yesterday I was certain that potty training is the worst thing parenting can hand you! However, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!! This morning we had TWO count those, one...two BMs in the training potty. I was even going to post a picture but the camera batteries are dead, so you have been spared the details! : ) I will not throw in the towel until Saturday night. Before we leave for church on Sunday morning the track record will deciede for itself whether I give up or we continue in the potty training way.
And finally, what I really wanted to share. This is a little poem I wrote about Mic, as I have had many astounding moments of awe over the last few months. I love to observe her when she doesn't know I am looking and be blown away again and again by all the new things she is doing and learning. At birth her body carried all the marks of a severe syndrome or cromosomal disorder, but God chose to erase all errors in her cromosomes, and astound the Doctors with her development. Amazing. I'll try to post a little picture journal of Mic's life soon to compliment this.
"I AM 3 1/2"
The doctors said I may never walk alone,
But I can now jump off a step with both feet at once
But I can now jump off a step with both feet at once
shouting "whee"
The doctors said I might never be independant,
Yet I am learning to dress myself
and doing a great job
The doctors said I might never talk,
But I am starting to string together two words
and sometimes even three!
The doctors said I might not be good at math,
But I can count to 15 in english and 10 in spanish
with little help
The doctors said that art may be difficult for me,
however I love to draw circles, lines, rainbows, cats and happy faces
The doctors said to be prepared for the worst,
that I might not survive,
But God saw fit to do a miracle in me
and I am not just surviving, I am loving life!!!
2 comments:
That is wonderful...had me in tears (like that's hard to do, LOL). Dominic is pretty special, that's for sure.
Verdaderamente Dios tiene un maravilloso propósito en la vida de tu hija. Felicidades por tus logros Dominic!!!
Post a Comment