Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whats for Dinner?

We had company for dinner this weekend, and I made stir fry. I have a favorite Terriyaki Sauce recipe. I got this recipe from my sister. Two of my more superficial favorite things about my sister are the great recipes she gives me and the awesome hand-me-downs she passes me without which I would be even more hopelessly out of style than I already am! : ) But back to the recipe...I thought it would be fun to share it with you just in case you can't decide what to cook today. (I hope I am not infrindging any copyright laws!)

1/2 c soy sauce
1/4 c vinegar
2 T brown sugar
2T minced onion
1T veg. oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 t ground ginger
1/8t pepper

This time I made it in a hurry so instead of mincing the onion and garlic I threw everything in the blender. It was different, but also good like that. My sister makes some killer sirlion shishkabobs on the BBQ with this as the mariande. I like to soak my chicken for stir fry in part of it then cook with some more and put the rest on the table for those who want still more.

On other news, last week we saw the ear/nose/throat specialist. Mic had so much snot that even using a tweezers and a sucko machine they were unable to actually check her nose canals, which is what we have concerns about. (sigh). But we all got an AWESOME look at her palate and could admire once again the amazing job Dr. Waldof did closing up her palate, and we were able to confirm that there are no fistulas. (a slight concern because of food coming out of her nose on occasion.) The not so happy news was at the weight check. She grew a couple more centimeters tall and is still stuck at the same old 12kg. It feels like we have been there FOREVER. I am getting a little desperate to put at least a little bit of weight on her before the rapid wean therapy. Desperate times call for desperate messures, I'm off to make some BD and see what I can find to slather on the calories! LOL

4 comments:

carla said...

This is wild! Jeremy asked for stir fry today and I was going to buy the veggies, but didn't know what sauce to use. Thanks for the help!

My Mom used to butter bologna to add calories for my little sisters. Doesn't that sound DISGUSTING?! Desperate times call for desperate measures for sure.

Hmmm...maybe I can work in another call before you board the plane.

Valonda L. said...

I haven't made that in so long. Thanks for the reminder! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Blessed Mom said...

that sounds soooooo good. I need to try it.

I used to put canned coconut milk into Grandmas smoothies to "fatten her up" LOL. She wouldn't drink enough to make a difference though. :-( Try adding some of the good fats to her food. Flaxseed oil & cod liver oil for example.

fany nnamezie said...

That was a delicious dinner!!

Thanks for the recipe I will try it this week and tell you later how it went!!!