Parenting has a way of giving us unique glimpses of how the Lord must view us at times.
Yesterday morning I got quite a kick out of watching Mic help me give her a tuby meal. There are a lot of "details" about the process which I have not even tried to explain to her becasue she would not comprehend, yet what she does is imitate my movements, sometimes with such uncanny perfection that most details are covered.
The Lord calls us to be imitators of Christ.
I couldn't help but think of how much I lecture my daughter sometimes...and how ineffective it is. We are wired to imitate and learn well by watching and copying.
We cannot imitate that which we are not watching.
The Bible tells us to "fix our eyes on the author and finisher of our faith.
Mic just gave me another clear, hands on example of how important it is that I pay attention to what I am focusing on as I go about my day to day. So I ask myself and you, dear friend, where are our eyes fixed today?
(Referneces: Eph. 5:1-2, Heb. 12:2-3)
2 comments:
great post. Thanks for sharing! I passed it along to a couple of friends...hope you don't mind.
So very, VERY good, Birdie! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment