Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks





HAPPY THANKSGIVING !
Mic is especially thankful for cousins, aunts, uncles, new friends and most of all, GRANDMA! She has had so much fun on this trip playing and interacting with the many people that are so dear to us. I have a fun collection of "cousin pictures" so I decided to share a little sampling with you above.
"Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift." 2 Cor. 9:15 (KJV)
"Unspeakable" caught my eye and left me pondering. ...Of course, first and foremost is the salvation of my soul. And the peace that comes with it in these uncertain times. Thank you, Father.
Another tale to tell, while we are talking about thankfulness... we are thankful that Mom's house is still standing--we had a real scare the other day! The fire in the wood stove caught the creosote in the chimney on fire. The chimney was bright red hot, smoke was pouring, the house alarms were going, some sparks flew in the attic. Oh my! My adrenaline was high! I was running from the stove to the attic hole to the ladder up to the roof shrieking, "do I call 911 or not!?!". Just when hubby would say, "yes, call", my bro. would say "just wait, I think we got it". Then bro. would say, "maybe we should call" and hubby would say, "hang on, I think it will be OK". Well in the end we emptied the fire extinguisher, dumped water down the chimney too...and we didn't have to call 911. It did take me about 4 hours to get the knots in my tummy untied. ...Its very nice to be able to laugh about it now!

1 comment:

Blessed Mom said...

Yikes! That'll get the blood pumping real good!! So glad everything is ok.