Saturday, November 8, 2008

Today

After seeing her SOOO lethargic, it is especially nice to see my daughter playing and talking and being her cheery self again. There is nothing like an illness to make one appreciate health all the more!
We are slowly working our way back up the oral intake ladder now that she is keeping things (mostly) in her tummy again. Yesterday she still had one huge horrible vomit, apparently we hit the "over fill". But today it looks hopeful that we will have a vomit free day.
Today she had 104 oral cal. at breakfast and 70 at lunch so that has been encouraging.
I am loveing being back on the farm. Yesterday we picked apples and brought in the last of the tomatoes. Today we picked up walnuts until the rain ran us inside. The earthy smell, fresh air, the calling accross the yard to one another and watching the cousins run and play, the trees, grass and fields, and the beautiful open sky......its just all so invigorating to my soul. I can't help it, the country is in my veins and being in it is when I realize just how much I miss it.
My brother in law's team is in the state playoffs, so before long we'll be off to cheer them on! "GO SPARTANS, GO!!!"

3 comments:

TJ & Cheryl said...

Birdie! You are in Oregon and I have Monday off work...any chance I could come visit you wherever you are? :D Email me if we could stop by!

So glad to hear Mic is feeling better!

KaraBeagle said...

good news is like the fresh autumn wind!! (sigh)

Blessed Mom said...

I totally understand the "country in the veins" thing. Even living on the outskirts of a small town is too much in town for me. I miss apple trees & fields, cows, goats, chickens, pigs, & sheep. Im even close enough to "go home" all I want but I still miss it.