Saturday, October 25, 2008

A few pictures from the journey

...This journey, as you know, is all about oral feeding. Isn't this pic appropriate?! DH took it, and I like it. It depicts what we have been working on perfectly...unfortunatly, it was taken at the end of the meal. But our faith is high and strong and we know that in time this will change drastically. ...Thank you, Lord, for all that you have done and are going to do!

Trees have a way of anchoring memories and linking generations...I played among these branches as a youngster...
There is just nothing like reunions after long absences...and of course, good food is also always a vital element! This was taken a couple days after we flew in.

"Hey Mom, I found my belly button!!!" (and he sat there poking it for a good five minutes!)

So, back to where we are right now, this is Mic and Lorioux, and our new favorite book, "A squirrel's tale". Yeah for great motivators!

Today, all in all, things went pretty good considering we didn't have Lorioux there to help us. Lunch was a little tense, but after washing hands at the "end" she came back and tacked on a good part of an enlish muffin. That pulled us out of the red in the calorie count for that meal. At supper I was afraid to even tally calories and got a good shock, three tortilla chips ring in at a whopping 35 calories! Can you believe it!?! So, I was just glad that Lorioux's absence didn't send us into a terrible downward spiral. That was reassuring.
It was an exhausting day. Baby D. hasn't had a decent nap since we got here on monday, so that is also really starting to make things difficult. Don't forget to include him in your prayers as well for some teething relief and rest. I am not sure if I will be able to make time to post tomorrow or not. Either way,...have a blessed sabbath!



3 comments:

carla said...

Hope you get to have a few fun moments today. What is the expected calorie count for a child? I would have no idea how many calories Aliza eats. I know is there are meals when her plate looks awfully similar to the plate in the picture!

carla said...

I didn't mean for my comment to downplay the seriousness of D's situation or the challenges you face. I was more wondering how my kids get their calories. Sorry about that!

Me said...

No worries! On my BD support group, many moms who've had both typical and special needs toddlers swear that typical toddlers live on air! Sometimes feels unfair, but I think thats just the way it is. ...the expected cal. count for a child is whatever amount keeps that child following a healthy growth curve......but then theres also NUTRITION to worry about!