Friday, October 24, 2008

You might be an oregonian if...

...you sit at the gas pump in the car for over 10 minutes waiting for someone to come "fill it up" for you, before it sinks in that no one will come no matter how long you wait!!! (... giggle. we did that today!)
Feeding Therapy:Day 5
Today Mic had a better attitude and outlook than yesterday. Thank you for the prayers. However calorie and volume intake was still rather low, and especially breakfast and lunch were a bit difficult. Just to give you an idea, at breakfast she had a whopping 10 calorie total oral intake. Supper, the over all best meal of the day, rang in at only 54 calories, but the volume was really good --almost a whole ounce of chicken, plus a few dabbles of a couple other things. We are still resolving some issues. One that we dealt with today was staying one step ahead on her avoidance tactics (i.e. I feel challenged at mealtime, oh, wait, I need to go potty) ...and there were more...
I guess I havn't done a very good job of explaining the actual therapy, but that is partly because its really hard to explain in words. Anyway, up till now Lorioux has been Mic's feeder and therapist, and at the same time, our teacher. Tomorrow, the real fun starts. Over the weekend L. will leave us on our own during the meal times so that we start to practice with Mic. This will give us a chance to meet our first challanges and define our biggest questions with a whole week of therapy left afterwards to deal with/work them out. (Thank you for your continued prayers!) It shall be intresting. ...but that really is the beauty of this therapy, it doesn't end in two weeks. In the words of Lorioux, "it goes home with you". And that is really good, because while we are making amazing and wonderful progress, we also have a long, long, long ways to go!
OK, I am, once again, very sleepy, so the rest will have to wait!
LOL, goodnight!

1 comment:

KaraBeagle said...

I must be thinking of you even in my sleep. I dreamt I was feeding her applesauce and she was eating like a pro. I hope that's prophetic. My heart aches for all of you. Will continue to hold you all up in my prayers!