We made it!!!
The roughly 4 1/2 hour drive to our therapy site, and sharing the back seat with two bulky car seats was not something I was overly excited about, but it went OK. Of course it took us longer due to a couple stops, but we did finally get here and get settled in.
The hotel room isn't real big, but it is nice and will work. ...the pack n'play even fits in its own little nook by the closet which will give baby D his own space for sleeping--I was pretty happy about that!
We got to meet Lorioux, the therapist, and she showed us around the house where all the therapy will take place. It is nice and homey, friendly and comfortable. Mic was a bit withdrawn, defensive and timid, but L knew how to give her her time and space. I was pleased with that, I think tomorrow Mic will be ready to come out of her shell and interact much easier for having been there today even if it was brief.
Oh, and we weighed her. She weighed 28lb (12.7 kg) according to L's scales!!! I am so pleased! This is a great place to start from, as opposed to the supposed 10kg our scales at home tried to register...I just knew that couldn't be right!
We are feeling the prayers (thank you!) and God's presence at work. I do feel a bit overwhelmed about tomorrow, the unknown, shopping/cooking in a strange place, plus I need to make BD too...but I know that it will be OK.
...more to come later,
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment