Friday, May 29, 2009

Thats MY cousin!

So last week my cousin had her track state finals. And I am so proud of her accomplishments! Please, just take a couple minutes to watch her races at the links below. Seriously, you won't be sorry--if nothing else take 30 seconds and watch the hurdles, she really is amazing. She is only a sophomore in highschool. So... with no further ado, I give you the privilege of watching what my friend aptly described as "graceful lightning".

Relay:
http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php?do=view&video_id=12898

100 Meter:
http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php?do=view&video_id=12905

Hurdles:
http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php?do=view&video_id=12918

You can't miss her because she is in a green jersey every time and surprisingly is about the only dark skinned lass out there. And well, to keep it simple, she is the one that is winning! :o)

5 comments:

Angelina said...

wow...she is awesome! Can't wait to see her in the olympics. hopefully she can go to a college that will really cultivate her talent. For now she needs to get a personal coach. wow

KaraBeagle said...

Brings tears to my eyes! I hope to watch my son win like that in swimming someday....that's talent!!

KaraBeagle said...

Oh, and I recognized the field right off...have watched many-a track meet at Hayward Field! (I went to the U of O, but when I was in high school, one of my buddies was on the track team at the U of O) I did ran 800 (because no one else would, but it's a horrid distance) and I threw shot and discus in high school.

Christy said...

I heard she was on the front page of the DH last week...and Candace Miller was on the front page the day before.

Christy said...

HOLEY MOLEY THAT CHICK IS FAST!!!!! I do the timing system for the track meets in our district so I recognize that girl's serious talent. Can't wait to see where she goes with it.

And that announcer needs some lessons on pronunciation. =)